Summary of Position:
The Embroidery Operator supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by assisting the Team Lead – Graphtex in the performance of the day-to-day operations of Graphtex.
- Perform the task of hooping raw material, cutting backing to size, trimming of backing and thread, folding item and inspection of quality.
- Monitor the running of machines and assist the Team Lead, Embroidery Department in re-threading needles, changing thread and bobbins.
- Learn how to operate embroidery equipment and perform the function of the Team Lead in his/her absence.
- Maintain industrial standards of quality control for all items being produced and/or shipped.
- Perform general maintenance to all embroidery equipment to insure the proper operation of tools and equipment.
- Assist in the areas of Graphtex’s operation as needed to include screen printing, shipping and receiving, material handling, etc.
- Take an active part in all physical inventories.
- Actively participate in corporate safety by creating a safe working environment and practicing and training workers in safe and proper work habits and equipment use.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead – Graphtex.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in the sewing industry.
- A combination of education and work experience that is substantially equivalent to the above.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 pounds properly.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.