Summary of Position:
The Lead Janitor supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by assisting the Project Supervisor, to perform the day-to-day operations of their respective job sites. The Lead Janitor ensures that the site is cleaned to the customer’s standards.
- Perform janitorial cleaning tasks along with other personnel in performance of contract specifications.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly time sheets, supply request forms, accident reports and PTO request forms for personnel working with them.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and communicate to Project Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Work closely with the Project Supervisor in planning and coordinating all the various duties assigned to the job site.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program for all equipment with in the job site and communicate with Project Supervisor when repairs are required.
- Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Supervisor or designee.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in Commercial Janitorial Cleaning.
- A combination of education and work experience that is substantially equivalent to the above.
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to people.
- Ability to lead and work with people to ensure they reach their optimum level of performance.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 pounds properly.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities