Summary of Position:
The Utility Sewing Machine Operator supports HT’s mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by performing complex sewing tasks on any equipment, assisting production sewers, and recommending improvements to production processes.
- Produce sewn items from drawings, patterns, sketches, and other specifications, and perform all sewing functions on all equipment, with little or no training or instruction, and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
- Participate in the development of sewn prototypes, models, and samples, including deconstruction, pattern creation, sew-complete and related data collection.
- Work independently, track quantities produced, and inspect own work.
- Sew production operations and quantities when necessary to support customer requirements.
- Train and support sewing machine operators and assist in trouble shooting production sewing issues, when instructed.
- Perform routine machine adjustments, and notify supervisor of machine performance and/or safety issues.
- Participate in time studies, and make recommendations for improvement to production sewing operations.
- Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- 1-3 years of varied sewing experience, utilizing industry-standard equipment, including but not limited to single needle, surging, tacking.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities