Summary of Position:
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by ensuring that all products are received and shipped efficiently, accurately, and timely.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepares items for shipment which could include generating the trucking paperwork, boxing, labeling, closing of containers, and loading and unloading of trucks.
- Compares product information and counts to work orders to ensure accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Verifies item descriptions and counts of incoming items against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or packing lists.
- Perform the required inspections on incoming production materials or order fulfillment products.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory control system within the warehouse, making sure that all items are properly labeled and stored in their designated locations.
- Insure the smooth pickup and delivery of all materials necessary to maintain production.
- Load and off load trucks, monitor skid and loose case counts for accuracy and insure quality and security of product for all pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain proper paperwork for shipments, DOT regulations, etc.
- Deliver and pick up goods while operating the company truck while following all applicable traffic laws.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of company delivery truck, including but not limited to refueling and reporting any mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Report any accidents immediately to supervisor.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of Shipping and Receiving.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience as a warehouse person in an industrial setting.
- Able to maintain accurate inventory counts, receivings and shipments.
- Able to operate a forklift safely.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. properly.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities