Summary of Position:
The Staff Accountant supports Human Technologies mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and ratio analysis by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and various internal and external sources.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per contract and department.
- Manage the processing of Accounts Receivable which includes the process of accurate and timely invoicing of goods and services, preparing daily deposit and posting customer payments and collection process for any invoices that are not paid within approved credit terms.
- Work closely with the Contracts Administration Team to ensure that revenues and receivables are invoiced in accordance with the approved contract.
- Assist Payroll Coordinator with ADP and Vertex payroll systems by becoming primary back-up to the payroll processing function. Must be able to run payroll independently at least twice per year by creating a detailed user manual and without assistance from Payroll Specialist.
- Support the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are recorded accurately and timely in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Review and process AMEX Expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
- Assist the CFO in tracking and maintaining company and employee benefit insurance policies.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the CFO or Senior Accountant.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred, Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2+ years of non-profit accounting and 5+ of cumulative relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
- A combination of education and work experience that is substantially equal to the above.
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
- Familiar with FASB 116, FASB 117 and OMB – 133
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities