Summary of Position:
The Senior Accountant supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by maintaining the general ledger, including the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, performing month end general ledger closing procedures, the preparation of specialized government reporting and invoicing, and the monitoring of the daily cash activity of the organization.
- Manage the monthly close process in a prompt, timely and accurate manner for the organization.
- Prepare the monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for all business units within the organization and review with CFO.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Perform the monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, reconcile all cash accounts and bank statements monthly, research and resolve all discrepancies in order to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Review journal entry documentation and account analyses to ensure all key accounts are supported and reconciled monthly, including intercompany balances with subsidiaries.
- Prepare value added analysis of variances to prior periods and trends for financial reporting and propose appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor and maintain all accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness ensuring all accounting and contract files are maintained.
- Manage data consolidation and reporting ensuring reliability, consistency and transparency.
- Assist with conducting various month-end budget/financial review meetings with Directors and Managers of the organization.
- Participate in the profitability and cash improvement actions.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Monitor the Company’s cash flow on a daily basis.
- Accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Coordinate Physical Inventory count with Distribution Center and Manufacturing business units to insure unit quantities are properly stated at the end of the respective accounting period.
- Coordinate with Facilities Management Services billing associate to insure that IDIQ revenue and invoices are recorded within the same accounting period and provide monthly profitability analysis of each individual project.
- Prepare and review monthly sales tax reporting requirements.
- Act as a liaison with external auditors to ensure reviews/audits are efficient and timely.
- Coordinate with IT to communicate systems issues, monitor remediation and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy by leveraging best practices and automation.
- Work closely with internal business partners to develop creative solutions to business challenges and transaction work flows thru process optimization and standardization.
- Promote and maintain a strong internal controls environment.
- Ensure accounting follows HT policies and is compliant with US GAAP.
- Preparation of specialized reports, including sales tax returns, Highway Usage Tax, QER, Census, Annual Survey of Manufactures, and State Filings.
- Prepare and reconcile Prevocational Waiver Services invoicing.
- Serve as a backup and train for the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll Associate positions.
- Effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Ten (10) years of working experience in general accounting.
- A combination of education and work experience that is substantially equal to the above.
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities