Summary of Position:
The General Maintenance Laborer supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by performing general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Performs maintenance activities such as preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Perform general maintenance and repair of equipment in assigned areas. General maintenance includes but is not limited to replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets, painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing door locks, replacing broken window panes, and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance and repairs per the monthly PM schedule.
- Generate proposals or quotes for repairs and services as directed. Enter quotes in Facility Maintenance Express (FMX) and update status until completed. Maintain worklist daily through planning and FMX.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on company equipment.
- Assist in grounds maintenance activities, including lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, and related requirements when directed.
- Assist in janitorial services, when requested. This may include a rotating weekend to support the customers’ mission.
- Schedule, escort and assist subcontractors performing facility maintenance and repair, providing access to facilities, knowledge of facility layout and operations, blueprints and operating manuals.
- Assist in compliance to pertinent OSHA and all other regulations.
- Actively participates in corporate safety by following all safety procedures, creating a safe working environment and practicing safe and proper work habits and equipment use.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Supervisor.
- A.S. in building construction technology or a closely-related field and 3-5 years of general building maintenance and repair activities, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the tasks assigned which includes, but not limited to; climbing ladders, lifting up to 50 pounds, extended periods of walking and standing.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities