Summary of Position:
This is a paid internship. We are looking for someone who can assist the IT department
1. Install and maintain new desktop computer systems.
2. Redeploy, reassign and maintain existing desktop computer systems throughout their usable life cycle.
3. Assist in installation of network systems including servers, switches, routers and associated cabling.
4. Install client and server network software, perform software upgrades, including windows updates.
5. Assist in maintenance of network and telecommunication systems to insure optimal performance, including Active Directory Account setup and Windows file and folder permissions.
6. Perform Network Administrators duties upon request
7. Maintain software applications, operating systems and perform regular maintenance and regular updates / patches to ensure software security and availability.
8. Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, customers and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and help desk support
9. Respond to help desk tickets in a timely manner while not allowing a backlog of requests to build up.
10. Assist the Network Administrator in troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities