Summary of Position:
The Material Handler supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by ensuring that all workers in their assigned areas are adequately supplied with work at all times so as to guarantee their ability to produce at or above established standards.
- Maintain flow of materials to each worker in assigned area.
- Monitor area and ensure that operations flow smoothly by moving product through the lines when necessary. Keep aisles clear at all times.
- Inform supervisor of issues that arise that slow or stop the flow of materials and production.
- Monitor raw materials and work in process to guarantee efficiency and to minimize waste. Each afternoon make sure all stations have work for next day.
- Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or relevant experience in a similar capacity..
- Have skills necessary to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, and operate material handling equipment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. safely, and transport heavier items using material handling equipment.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background check
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities