Summary of Position:
The Maintenance Technician – FMS supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by performing and overseeing preventive and repair maintenance resulting in customer satisfaction and positive financial performance at multiple sites within an assigned geographic area.
- Schedule and perform all preventive and repair maintenance tasks at assigned sites within timeframes specified by the contract, including emergency repairs required during off-hours.
- Oversee the work of approved sub-contractors performing preventive or repair maintenance tasks and approve their work.
- Create and maintain all required supporting digital and non-digital documentation required by the contract and/or the supervisor for customer sites in assigned area.
- Provide all required monthly deliverables documentation to supervisor and/or contract support staff on demand/when scheduled.
- Generate and submit service quotes for repair work in a timely manner as determined by supervisor.
- Create and maintain preventive maintenance programs for assigned sites, including equipment lists, equipment condition information, work flows, and work instructions as required by the contract and/or supervisor.
- Establish network of approved subcontractors to be utilized for routine and emergency services for assigned sites.
- Inform supervisor of opportunities for additional maintenance/repair work at assigned sites.
- Inform supervisor of positive or negative comments of building condition and/or quality of services shared by customers on-site.
- Manage, maintain, and secure all company assets including but not limited to vehicles, tools, computers, phones, and equipment.
- Maintain a technical library to include bid specification, as-built blueprints (electronic and print versions) cut sheets and tech manuals for equipment for assigned sites.
- Comply with safety policies ad procedures for safety of self and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager – FMS.
- Completion of Journeyman level training in HVAC and R. Expertise in related trades such as electrician, plumber, and general maintenance.
- Training or experience with all code compliance, OSHA requirements, lock-out/tag out, and related regulatory and safety requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, and related facilities software applications.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and other MS Office products.
- Must have a Universal Refrigerant License and know how to establish and maintain logs with consistent and accurate documentation.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks, including but not limited to drug testing.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, climb ladders and work on roofs and platforms. Most jobs require ease of mobility and ability to work while standing, sitting, bending, and reaching in confined and unconfined areas.
EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities