Summary of Position:
The Purchasing Manager – Supply Chain Services supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by developing, procuring, and maintaining all products and services required for compliance, customer satisfaction, and overall performance of assigned accounts and specific contracts.
Externally collaborates with:
Internally collaborates with:
Director of Supply Chain, other Purchasing Managers, Finance, Customer Service, Manufacturing/Warehouse, Buyers, Information Technology
- Ensure expectations of assigned customer accounts and contracts are met or exceeded. Maintain formal ongoing communication and satisfaction reviews with assigned customers. Respond to complaints and inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Advise supervisor of opportunities and threats within assigned accounts or contracts.
- Become the subject expert on all assigned contract specifics and all deliverables, and the go-to person for ongoing operations performance and requirements information.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute performance metrics related to assigned contracts.
- Provide and maintain information required for contract maintenance and modifications, including but not limited to SKUs of products and services, Scope of Work (SOW) Performance Work Statement (PWS), and pricing.
- Develop and maintain suppliers who provide acceptable levels of quality, delivery, cost, and customer service, resulting in a dependable supply of goods and services to satisfy contract requirements.
- Provide contract-specific purchasing functions, including materials requirement planning and issuing purchase orders, for assigned contracts by analyzing sales trends and histories and determining associated order points and quantities. Negotiate and award purchase orders.
- Manage project offering changes, additions, and deletions with both the customer and Operations, including phase-out, obsolescence, and phase-in planning.
- Collaborate with production and warehouse management to develop plans and schedules to support customer requirements, and advise operating departments when established material delivery dates have been changed.
- Ensure inventory levels for all programs are adequate to maintain contractual levels of service, while minimizing investment and maximizing turnover.
- Leverage the technical and market expertise of suppliers to enhance the company’s offerings and expand our customer base.
- Oversees and coordinates the creation and maintenance of the specific contract item masters, and maintains the data integrity of HT’s offerings, including, but not limited to: item numbers, sizes, colors, SKUs, First Article approval process documentation, and masters.
- Provides all product information required to create and maintain catalogs..
- Participates in corrective action and root-cause investigations for non-conformances in contract-related products, processes, and service.
- Obtain a working knowledge of HT’s e-commerce Front and Back Office operations, and make suggestions for operational and customer service improvements that will lead to greater customer satisfaction and lower operating costs.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct of Supply Chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field and five (5) years purchasing experience in dynamic mixed-mode manufacturing or distribution companies, or a combination of education and work experience substantially equivalent to the above.
- Hands-on experience with vendor evaluation and management, project management, product management, negotiation strategies, and performance metrics.
- ERP/MRP and/or WMS demand planning systems experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient with MS Office products.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and have and maintain a driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities