Summary of Position:
The Food Service Assistant supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by assisting in the operation of the Sunrise Café.
- Provide customers with good quality service.
- Prepare, portion, and serve food according to established procedure and health standards consistent with Health Department Regulations and commonly accepted safety practices.
- Wash pots, pans, service ware and other equipment ensuring sanitary handling; organize and replace to appropriate location.
- Maintain work areas, serving areas, and eating areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition; wash and clean tables in-between service times.
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen equipment such as a cash register, dishwasher, fryer, grill, and ovens, and inform supervisor when repairs are needed.
- Fill in as needed in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to occasionally lift, push, or carry up to 50 lbs., and frequently lift, push, or carry up to 25 lbs.
- 1-3 years’ experience in food service preferred.
- Ability to read and write, count and measure.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities