Summary of Position:
The Regional Facilities Manager – FMS supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by ensuring employee safety and development, scheduling and staffing, sub-contractor management, contract compliance, overall service delivery and quality, and financial performance of multiple sites within an assigned geographic area.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the service delivery of specific sites in assigned area. This includes scheduling and staffing of environmental services, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, and emergency, urgent, and other service order repair requests.
- Prepares monthly environmental services schedules (janitorial, grounds, pest control, snow removal, etc), ensures employees and sub-contractors perform services on time and with acceptable quality and completes related inspection documentation and any other required deliverables on time.
- Responds within the timeframes specified in the contract for emergency, urgent, and service order requests, ensures employees and/or sub-contractors perform services on time and with acceptable quality, and completes related work summary/quotation detail, inspection documentation and any other related deliverables.
- Provides direct site management and supervision of mechanic(s) and sub-contractors, and may at times perform skilled trade work at sites to balance work load fluctuations and/or mitigate emergencies.
- Establishes a network of approved subcontractors to be utilized for routine and/or emergency services in all geographic areas managed. Ensures subcontractors provide all necessary deliverables for reporting purposes.
- Prepares work order quotations in approved format by identifying all labor, material, and subcontractor costs and concisely and accurately describing work to be performed.
- Prepares and maintains preventative maintenance (PM) schedules, reviews internal and subcontractor PM reports and ensures follow-up action for findings, and performs/assigns and documents follow-up inspections to ensure efficacy of PM.
- Communicates with and coordinates subcontractors and other site visitors to ensure the Contracting Agency is aware of scheduled visits.
- Oversees the inventory and ordering process for all sites in managed area to ensure approved products are being used and inventories are controlled.
- Manages and maintains all company assets including but not limited to vehicles, tools, equipment, as well as any customer assets assigned.
- Informs Director – Facilities Management Services of opportunities for needed work in sites managed.
- Ensures mandatory training programs are provided and all employees in area receive training.
- Approves or recommends corrective actions on Incident/Accident reports and follows-up for efficacy.
- Approves timesheets for all assigned employees.
- Supports and assists with recruitment and retention activities for area of responsibility.
- Provides on the job training to employees and monitors performance to ensure direct reports are competent or moving to competency in their assigned positions.
- Evaluates and documents employee performance as required by the company, AbilityOne, and/or NYSID.
- Actively participates in corporate safety by following all safety procedures, creating a safe working environment and practicing and training employees in safe and proper work habits and equipment use.
- Recommends promotions, demotions, and terminations based on employee performance.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Facilities Management Services.
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant maintenance management experience. This experience must be progressive and include hands-on experience with a proven path to middle management levels by way of performance recognition and training.
- Completion of Journeyman level training in one of the following areas: HVAC and R, Pipefitter, Electrician, and/or three to 10 (ten) years of relevant maintenance experience, preventative, corrective and cyclical, in HVAC and R, Electrical and Plumbing, or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with subordinates, peers, and customers.
- Proficiency with MS Office products required, especially spreadsheets. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and a graphic manipulation program such as Illustrator or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to travel. Travel frequency estimated to be 25-50% within 4 hours of home site.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, have, and maintain a good driving record in accordance with Human Technologies’ Liability/Automotive Insurance carrier.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities