Summary of Position:
The Sewing Machine Operator supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by operating production sewing machines and related equipment, ensuring that the products sewn meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
- Operate various types of production sewing machines and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
- Wind/change bobbin, change thread, change needles, and keep machine and workstation clean and orderly.
- Count or keep track quantities produced, and inspect own work where instructed.
- Inform the Supervisor of any deficiency of machine performance or safety issues.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Order Fulfillment Supervisor.
- Previous sewing or similar machine operating experience, or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities