Summary of Position:
The Team Lead – Production supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by creating conditions whereby workers are able to be productive and successful through training, job simplification, and workstation development.
- Organize, set up and operate sewing machines and production equipment to ensure that all operations are run efficiently and that production schedules are being met.
- Direct all Sewing and Packaging & Assembly personnel by organizing and overseeing the daily flow of work to ensure that orders are shipped on time with 100% quality.
- Maintain production flow and quality standards per contract specifications.
- Complete request for materials / supplies as needed from the Distribution Center.
- Maintain equipment and schedule repairs as needed.
- Instruct individuals in learning effective work skills, methods, and safety procedures so they may perform their work efficiently and effectively.
- Set up and modify the individual’s workstation to increase individual’s productivity.
- Monitor the productivity of all personnel in your area and assist with evaluations.
- Maintain individual attendance and capture and record in company time keeping system daily for all workers in your area.
- Promote and reinforce industrial standards of quality to all production workers.
- Encourage individuals to perform at their highest level of ability.
- Assign labor to specific operations, and ensure that work is being performed, inspected and tracked per requirements.
- Participate in engineered time studies, recommend tools, jigs, fixtures, assistive technologies, and other process improvements, and ensure all processes and transactions are compliant with the company’s quality System.
- Inform Manager of employee issues which are determined to be detrimental to the delivery and quality of the product or service and /or the safety of the employee or those in the department.
- Inform Manager of accidents or incidents as they occur.
- Take an active role in taking all physical inventories.
- Complete Plan of Care Monthly Notes and Prevoc daily for HR.
- Actively participate in corporate safety by creating a safe working environment and practicing and training workers in safe and proper work habits and equipment use.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of Manufacturing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the Industrial Manufacturing Department.
- A combination of education and work experience that is substances equivalent to the above.
- Knowledge of inventory and production control.
- Ability to lead and work with people to insure they reach their optimum level of performance.
- Desire and willingness to work with individuals who are disabled.
- Able to stand, sit, lift, manipulate fingers, read and write. Must be able to identify and inspect product, observe operations/employees as they are working/interacting with one another.
- Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities